Thursday, September 11, 2008

ENOUGH!!!

I'm trying to keep this a SL blog for the most part. But, I also by admission, know that SL and RL are not as separate (for me) as some people. In SL, Crighton is a younger and more athletic me. I am Crighton and Crighton is me.

That being said, this is my first political blog entry, because I'm fucking disgusted. And please don't get outraged by my use of the F word, because that is a non-issue, kind of like "lipstick on a pig."

I would like to start off by saying that I am not under the illusion that Barak Obama is some savior who will rescue us and fix everything that is wrong in our great nation right now. I do believe, however, with all my heart and soul, that he is the only person running for President that is fit for the job right now. Yesterday, Barak said "Enough!" and I say the same. In one twenty-four hour period, the McCain Campaign has stooped lower than anyone since.....oh, since four years ago when and honorable, if boring, candidate name John Kerry was smeared with lies and dishonesty by the Bush Campaign. In one day's period, McCain not only lied, saying that Barak made the "lipstick on a pig" comment about Gov. Palin, but also lied saying that Barak wanted to teach our kindergartner's "comprehensive sex education!" First off, both of these assertions are, as I said, outright lies. Barak was speaking about McCain's policies and about how they were no different that our current Moron-In-Chief's (I will not refer to Bush as President...he does not deserve that respect,) and that McCain was "putting lipstick on a pig." He did not at all refer to the lovely and talented Gov. Palin from Alaska. But McCain's campaign feigned outrage over this and wants you to be outraged, too. I'm outraged that McCain and his people think Americans are that stupid. Oh wait...apparently many of us are.....forgot about that.

Secondly, the program that Barak voted for was not to teach kindergartner's sex education, it was to teach them about inappropriate touching, etc. It was designed to teach small children about how to deal with child molesters! And in the ad, if you have not seen it, it portrays Barak as, at best, someone who wants your kids to have sex before grade school, and at worst, a pedophile himself. This is obviously not the case. Senator Obama is, however, someone who cares about kids

It's deplorable and McCain should own up to it immediately. If he did not know about the ad, and I'm sure he will play this card, then he has to fire everyone who knew and put this ad into circulation. That is the only acceptable action for him to take. And if McCain knew about this ad, then he needs to withdraw from the race, because America deserves better.

Some people say, "Well, this is politics. It's dirty. You can't hold them accountable and everyone does it." No, not everyone does it. Kerry handled his "swift-boating" with class and dignity, and he did not stoop so low. Maybe he should have.....but he didn't. Do you want to know why? Because he is a decent human being and so were the people in his campaign, unlike the crooks named Bush and Co. Granted, we learned from Kerry and hopefully Barak will, too. He needs to step up to the plate and call McCain on his lies, and do this with passion and zeal. Thank God, he is starting to do this.

Barak needs to remind us of why we are calling for a change. We have a war in Iraq that was started for corrupt reasons that has resulted in over 4000 American casualties, and possibly over a half million Iraqi casualties (mostly innocent, by the way.) We have an Administration in place that has enacted something called the Patriot Act that is anything but and is a disgrace to everything that America is about. We have rising unemployment and rising gas prices that are resulting in everything being more expensive. We are no longer respected in the world, in fact, many non-Americans regard us as stupid, self-centered and even a joke. Our health care system is broken. Our education system is broken. Our home owners are in serious trouble. We have areas in our country that might as well be third world countries and our infant mortality rate is higher than most other "civilized" countries. These are the issues.

McCain/Palin offer no relief. McCain/Palin has shown themselves unworthy to be our next leaders. They are painting themselves as more like us. Wouldn't you rather sit and have a cup of coffee with a hockey mom rather than the "elitist intellectual" who graduated at towards top of his class from Yale? It's much more fun to have lunch with a regular guy who graduated fifth from the BOTTOM of his class at the Naval Academy. When did it become a sin to be intelligent in this country? When did we become so afraid of smart people? I want someone smarter than me to be President. I've seen what happens when someone who is less intelligent than me, and we're all seeing that now. McCain owns ten houses and he is not like us. He doesn't understand us nor does he understand what it is like to have trouble making the next mortgage payment. Most of us didn't leave our wives to marry a rich chick who spends more on her outfits and plastic surgery than we spend per year on our mortgage.

Issues, that's what we need discussed, not feigned outrage over a perfectly legitimate comment. And certainly not outright lies and behavior better fitted to the bad buy in a mafia film.

ENOUGH!!

4 comments:

Me said...

Yeah..that might be your longest post yet..

:)

Parker said...

/me overlooks Crighton's use of the 'F' word knowing him well enough to understand.

Bravo, take a bow and I will put your well placed soapbox away for now. You should speak your mind more often and let folks know what is going on.

Yordie Sands said...

Hi Cri, Oh my, politics! It plays on all of us and there's no way to win when you open the topic up. People who agree with you get all worked up, people who disagree with you get all worked up. I'm independent, I dislike both of these political parties and have never really voted for a candidate. I've always voted against one or the other.

I'm sure everyone will shun me if I say this, but I believe the Obama campaign thought the "lipstic on a pig" was a play against Palin's hockey mom's joke. It was a very clever retort, and the McCain campaign shot it's big toe off trying to make a big deal about it. That's how I saw it.

Crighton Johin said...

I don't think so, Yordie. If you watch the whole talk he gave, he was talking specifically about McCain's policies and how they are the same as Bush's, for the most part. Then me made that comment. Also, McCain has used that multiple times before, so if anything, Barak used it as a dig at McCain. I do not believe for one second that he meant it towards Palin. Watch the entire speech, unfortunately, few will.

Like I said, I'm not saying Barak is the savior. But McCain is not someone I want running our country. He might be worse than Bush, and that would make him the worst ever. My opinion, of course. ;-)